Latest news from Opera, they had launched Opera Mini 4 beta 2 with many bug fixes and some new features. This version will not overide your previous Opera Mini installation, so you can still use them both for comparison.
Here’s an overview of some of the notable changes/additions with Opera Mini 4 beta 2 (since beta 1), yeah I copy and paste this from Opera page:
- Now you can add the search engine of your choice to the start page, just like in the Opera desktop browser. Hey, now you could put Google Search on the start page.
- Shortcut keys
- Browse in landscape mode — view the Web on a wider screen (Shortcut key: ‘*’ and ‘#’)
- Native menu for BlackBerry phones
- Lots of optimizations for BlackBerry phones
- Content folding – Collapses long menu lists (like those found on sidebars of webpages), so you don’t need to scroll through them to get to the page content. Note: This only works in “Fit to width” mode, not desktop.
- Supports secure connections for banks, eBay, etc.
- Small fonts have been enabled
- Simplified setup process
- Improved image quality
- Improved cookie support
- Ability to edit the current URL
- Added ‘Full screen’ mode
- Dialogs now use web 2.0-ish look and feel
- Added support for more phones
- Fixed a ton of bugs
Too bad I can’t try this Opera Mini since my mobile phone is old enough.. *sigh!*