Today I found my CPanel displays wrong disk quota for an email account. It shows 58/100 MB (58 MB used, of 100 MB preserved) while actually the mailbox is empty.
I have checked with
du -sh command (a command to check disk usage) and it returned 100 KB or something, so there must be something wrong.
After googling around, I got some trick to solve this problem. Perform this action from shell/SSH or simply using file manager in CPanel:
- Go to
- Delete file named maildirsize, this file stores disk usage information
- Change the number of disk quota for that email account from CPanel (inside menu Email Accounts), it will regenerate a new maildirsize file.
Refresh your browser and now you should see the correct disk quota for that email account.
Leave a Reply