While installing Zend Studio 5.5.1 I found following error:
Locking assertion failure. Backtrace:
#0 /usr/lib/libxcb-xlib.so.0 [0xb1ff4727]
java: xcb_xlib.c:82: xcb_xlib_unlock: Assertion `c->xlib.lock' failed.
After googling around I found one hit solution, using so called sed command. This is step by step of how to solve this problem around.
- As root, call the installer from the command line:
- Watch the screen carefully, it will display something like:
Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
Unpacking the JRE...
Extracting the installation resources from the installer archive...
Configuring the installer for this system's environment...Launching installer...
- Once you see ‘Launching installer…’, press Ctrl+Z quickly.
- If you press Ctrl+Z in the good time, you will see this message:
Otherwise, you must restart from step 1. This trick will put the process into background so you can interupt the process.
+ Stopped ./ZendStudio5_5_1.bin
- Find a libmawt.so in the temporary installation directory. It might be located at /tmp/instal.dir.xxx/
root[pilem]# find /tmp/install.dir.2656/ | grep libmawt
If you see more than one instal.dir.xxxx then you should choose the latest one.
- We have found where libmawt.so is located. Now this is the trick:
root[pilem]# sed -i 's/XINERAMA/FAKEEXTN/g' /tmp/install.dir.2656/Linux/resource/jre/lib/i386/xawt/libmawt.soPress enter, nothing seem happen on the screen. Don’t be panic.
fgand press enter to bring Zend Studio installer into foreground. Congratulation, now you should see the dialog window appear.
I don’t know what’s wrong with this, whether the Zend Installer is having bug or the Java distribution. It never happened before.